An emergency lighting is mainly used to assist at gathering place or public place to find out the direction of all kinds of safety along with life easier (queue number, washroom direction, etc.) points.It is much more helpful to anyone during an emergency situation. Like when an emergency situation arises the mains power supply to a building may be cut and therefore normal lighting fails to provide an indication for point due to emergency exit along with life safety equipment such as fire extinguishers, fire alarm board, distribution board, and others.
Where emergency lighting should be used?An emergency lighting certificate is important to use at the office, apartment block-wise, any type of building along with all kinds of emergency public points, etc.
Below mentioned places should be maintained emergency lighting:
- Every exit door
- Identified routes
- Emergency Corridors
- Outer final exit point
- External identified routes
- All Emergency signs zones
- Floor level Changes
- Fire-fighting equipment’s
- Call points of fire alarm
- Windowless rooms and washroom zones every eight square meters
- Emergency safety lifts along with all lifts
- areas in buildings greater than 60 square meters